English Hub: Online Showcase (virtual)
The English Hub is based at St John Bosco Primary in West Bromwich and the prime aims of each of the hubs across the country is to make improvements in schools in early reading. The key objectives are broken down into the following:
- The delivery of a fidelity systematic synthetic phonics
- Development of early language
- Developing a whole school love of reading
All support is FREE.
We offer 4 tiers of support:
Tier1- Showcase We invite schools to attend an On Line Showcase, they will have to opportunity to observe exemplary teaching of a fidelity Systematic Synthetic Phonics scheme and teaching of reading from Nursery to Year 2. (We will pay £160 max two attendees per school)
Tier 2 – 2-day Audit A Literacy Specialist will review and audit current practice if identified from the Showcase. The Literacy Specialist will work alongside teachers to develop a consistent whole school approach to deliver excellent early language and the teaching of Reading in Key Stage 1, with a possibility of 50% match funding for resources and training for a validated SSP up to £3000 (DfE criteria)
Tier 3 – Medium Level Support We will deliver CPD sessions for the needs identified from the Audit for all teaching staff to attend.
Tier 4 – Partner School If your school is chosen to be a Partner school, your school will receive 9 days’ support from Literacy Specialist, 6 days’ support starting the next academic year and a further 3 days the following academic year.
You must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Lower than average percentage of pupils meeting the expected standard in the PSC;
- The school has an Ofsted judgement of Requires Improvement or Inadequate;
- A higher than average proportion of children eligible for Pupil Premium
- Low attainment in the bottom 20%
- High proportion of groups considered hard to reach such as EAL, FSM, travellers etc.
- School sits in an Education Investment Area (Sandwell, Dudley and Walsall)
- Schools can be referred by local partners (e.g. NLEs, LAs)
If you would like to book your Head teacher and Reading Leader onto the Showcase, please contact Marie Powell email@example.com