Newsletter – 14 Nov 2022Louise
Latest News from The Golden Thread Teaching School Hub – 14 November 2022
In this issue:
- National Award for SEN Coordination (NASENCO) – Spring 2023 Cohort Applications Open
- Nominate your HLTA of the Year
- NPQ – Spring 2023 Cohort Applications Open
- News from English Hubs
- News from Computing Hubs
- News from the Chartered College of Teaching
- Train to Become a Teacher
- Early Career Teacher Induction
- Social Media
National Award for SEN Coordination (NASENCO)
Spring 2023 Cohort Applications Open
The National Award for SEN Coordination (NASENCO) is a statutory requirement for all SENCOs appointed new to the role (in a mainstream school or academy) and an excellent opportunity for professional development for current and aspiring SENCOs.
The programme incorporates the award of a Postgraduate Certificate in SEN Coordination, validated by Bath Spa University and is worth the first 60 credits towards a Master’s degree.
Apply before the Christmas holiday and remember to select “The Golden Thread Teaching School Hub” as your delivery partner
Nominate your HLTA of the Year
The Best Practice Network HLTA of the Year Awards is back! Show your appreciation of all the effort and commitment your HLTAs put into supporting teaching by nominating them to win the title of the Best Practice Network HLTA of the Year 2022 Award by Monday 14th November.
NPQ – Spring 2023 Cohort Applications Open
Applications for the Spring 2023 cohort for NPQs (National Professional Qualifications) are now open. Remember to select The Golden Thread Teaching School Hub as your delivery partner when applying.
- NPQLBC (Leading Behaviour and Culture)
- NPQLL (Leading Literacy)
- NPQLT (Leading Teaching)
- NPQLTD (Leading Teacher Development)
- NPQEYL (Early Years Leadership)
- NPQSL (Senior Leadership)
- NPQH (Headship)
- EHCO (Early Headship Coaching Offer)
- NPQEL (Executive Leadership)
News from English Hubs
Please visit our English Hub webpage for information on:
- Bookmark Reading Support Programme
- Accelerator Funding
- Virtual Online Showcase Event – 9:30am Wednesday 30th November
News from Computing Hubs
Please visit out Computing Hub webpage for information on their latest courses including:
- Leading and specialising in Computing conference – 1:00pm Friday 18th November
- Getting started with Python programming – 4:00pm Wednesday 30th November
- Introduction to Isaac GCSE computer science – 4:00pm Tuesday 6th December
News from the Chartered College of Teaching
The Chartered College of Teaching are pleased to announce a new Associate Membership category, specifically designed to become the professional home for TAs. Please click here for more details. It will be available from Monday 14th November so do take a look at social media then and like/share/comment. For just £1.25 per month and with further discounts available if a trust or school purchase group membership, by joining our professional learning community of over 48,000 members, TAs will have access to our full range of online CPD, our award winning Impact journal, professional recognition and a platform for their voice to be heard.
Train to Become a Teacher
Applications are now open for train to become a teacher in September 2023. Please visit our website for further information and share with anyone you know who may be interested.
Please click here to visit the SSTEC website (Stoke and Staffordshire Teacher Education Collective)
Early Career Teacher Induction
Delighted to have over 400 ECTs and their mentors working with us on the Early Career Framework and benefitting from Appropriate Body services. We would like to thank all of the ECTs and their mentors and our facilitators for the great sessions that have taken place this term.
If you have an ECT joining your school, please visit our website for how to register.
Please like, follow and share:
Facebook: The Golden Thread Teaching School Hub